There will be a public hearing on August 8, 2019 @ 6:30 pm for the increase in taxes. The hearing will be held at the Joseph Community Center. ALL are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Public Notices & Events:
2019 Town Office Election
Public notice is hereby given that the date for persons wishing to file as candidates for the office of Joseph Town Council Member are between June 1, 2019 and June 7, 2019. Filing deadline is June 7, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Qualifications of a candidate for the office of City Council Member are:
- Be a United States Citizen at time of filing
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election
- Be a legal resident of Joseph Town for a period of 365 consecutive days immediately preceding the date of the election
- Be a registered voter of Joseph Town
- In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101-5.
Joseph Town residents will be electing two (2) Council Members to serve four-year terms at the general municipal election on November 5, 2019. The Primary Election date is Tuesday, August 13, 2019 (if needed).